Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wrong time to get sick

"This is not a time to get sick, with report cards around the corner"
"Saturday at 5:30, got it"
"Saturday at 12:00"
"Math test on friday"

Somebody answer me this one question, why is it I get sick when I always have a full agenda? Why is it, all the other times I could have been sick, it happens NOW??!! I guess that is just me, someone has a party, there's a math test, I plan to work on a geography project with some other people, my school's remembrance day service, and God know's how many other things, I end up home sick with "a fever, a cough and flu-like symptoms" (flu?!). Now I don't get sick very frequently, but when I do, it is always at a price.

This is now the fourth day of school I have missed and instead of getting one wheelbarrow full of homework, I'll probably end up with two. And since I'm still contagious apparently, there is the potential for more. If this wasn't 2009, I'd probably be sitting in a geography class right now. But with all the fear of H1N1 and all the precautions being taken, I now have to wait seven days before I can even consider going back to school. By this is over, there'll be a U-Haul waiting outside the school with my name on it with a wheelbarrow thrown in for good measure.

The thing I find funniest about this is that I was supposed to go to a friends party Saturday night. He had been waiting since August for a day all of us were available. On the day of the party, 2 of us couldn't make it.

2009 hasn't been a great year health wise for me, or anyone for that matter. I usually get sick about three or four times a year. I have now gotten sick three times since August. Looks as if this is how we will remember 2009. With two letters and two numbers.

No comments: