Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dream Theater-Octavarium

Octavarium: eight songs on the album, Dream Theater's eighth studio release. Is that a coincidence? Probably not. Anyway, this was an album I wanted for quite some time but I couldn't find it anywhere. Finally, I found it and could I picture myself walking out of that HMV without it? No I could not. Featuring songs like "Panic Attack" from Rock Band 2, "These Walls", "The Root Of All Evil" and the twenty-four minute "Octavarium". Almost all the songs were six minutes or longer, so listening to it was quite time consuming. But each one of the songs was the progressive metal that I hoped for. Especially "Octavarium". That is perhaps one of the most incredible songs I have ever heard.

Bottom Line: worth the $25.00 that I spent on this. 3.5/5

No comments: